Siraj Aware of Fitness Challenge

 Mohammed Siraj , Dubai Zahirians wicket keeping batsman , is aware that issues regarding his weight and fitness are likely to remain throughout his domestic career but he is determined to show that he is worthy of leader.when he have secure draw the series couple of weeks ago against NICC in wonderland park.

Mohammed Siraj was handed his first call-up to a squad after 6 weeks as a replacement for Mohammed Razeen last year, following a productive few months in the short format set-up. He could yet be considered for the game in WLP although team director Mohammed Farman said Siraj still had "significant work" to do. "Fitness is a key factor and everyone has to work hard on their fitness - some more than others," Siraj said. "It's probably an issue that will stay with me, but I'm not frustrated. The more work you do, the better you feel. Hopefully I am doing the right things now."

"But the best advice I got was when I was told that when I started playing cricket I did so as I loved the game. At that point I wasn't thinking of playing for Zahira and so why think about it now, I was asked. That set me thinking and slowly I regained my confidence and got back to normal.""That was something I found it tough to deal with initially but slowly got used to that as well and started to enjoy my batting once again."

Zahirians's top order is under pressure going into this series following their failure in the last sesson during the 5-3 compration. They were often rendered scoreless by top orders in that series. Although NICC's attack doesn't possess the same quality as before they does, the pitches, especially in wonderland, should offer assistance."Our players are capable of improving their performances against this type of bowling and being a lot better than we were against NICC. Only time will tell how much of an improvement we can make."Anas for official page.

However, Siraj's batting is more of a problem, with him unable to exit the slump which worsened during the Friendly Match 2011. He scored 16 runs in that campaign and has posted 9 and 7 in the first two short format matches. "We are pretty confident that given the same opportunities Mohammed Siraj will repay us the different way. I believe he has got through to the start of the 2012 to sort it out and we are confident he well and truly will have it sorted before then."