Razmar says Next Week didn't cause injury


Mohammed Razmar has refused to blame the Srilankans Triangular Series 2009 for the Knee injury that prevented him from bowling his full quota in the First game against JBS SC and kept him out the next game. His remarks on Saturday followed recent references by his captain and board to the next week disrupting the team's preparations for the tour.


"I don't think it's got anything to do with the Triangular series," RAZMAR said. "I want to play as much cricket as I possibly can, and with me missing the few month and having four month in Srilanka where I was only bowling in the nets and not in matches, to me it's about playing a lot of cricket.Unfortunately when you're trying to bowl fast and you've got back-to-back series, times will come where there'll be a niggle here and there. It's not a long-term thing - a mild thing, and I was pretty much due to have a rest in one or two games last series anyway."


That said, Razmar's performance in the final of the Srilankans Triangular Series was instrumental in DZCC winning the title and he said he had no second thoughts about playing for his College. "That's [Zahira] where I was born, that's what I'm all about. I had the opportunity to play and I thought it would be the perfect lead-in to the series over here. If I didn't play the series, would I have picked up a niggle? Who knows, but all I can say is I'm enjoying my cricket and DZCC always comes first."


"I still want to play cricket, definitely. I want my spot back and I'll be doing everything I possibly can to get it. I had the ankle injured earlier this year, got back to full fitness, and have been very pleased with the way the ball's been coming out. "I don't think I can ask any more of my body, I'm still only young. Yes I'm 30, but I keep saying I don't feel 30. You will have your niggles as a medium fast bowler, but I still want to play a lot more years of cricket, and definitely be playing at my best level. One-day cricket of course, that's always been thereabouts, but cricket for me is where it's at."