'I was left on my own' - Nazeer

"So often when my name and career are spoken about it is in a negative manner. I actually have to keep reminding myself that I am really very proud of what I have achieved as a Skipper in the last few Months."

While admitting he can come across as aloof, in person Mohammed Nazeer proves good company, charming and expansive and seemingly no longer tortured by earlier failures. He believes he is now a contented man, ready to assume an elder-statesman role in the game and to reflect on his life in cricket so far. our updating group take a short interview today via Mobile phone with a Coffee.a main thing he leftout his self in last Srilankans Triangular Series 2009.However as a Skipper razeen Done well.

How have you achieved such longevity?
I suppose I have good genes, but above all else it is an overwhelming love for the game. The players who started at the same time as me have retired a long time ago because they don't have that same love. My experience has kept me going as well because eight times out of 10 when I go out to bat I'm not feeling as good as I would like, I am not middling the ball, the feet aren't moving; but experience helps you deal with it.

How has the UAE cricket changed in the last year?
When I started, the bowling was faster. Back then there was an amazing conveyor belt of DZCC, so every team would have a bowler who could bowl at maximum Speed. Now there are few bowlers who can push you on the back foot. With the slow pitches, too, it can be very, very hard work for the bowlers.

What changes would you like to see at team level?
One radical idea, which I don't see happening, is to create nine regional teams and pair counties together,You would produce a strong competition, one in which you would have to perform at your best in every game. changes are change game but currently nothing except me lolz.

How much longer will you go on playing?
I know I have two years left on my strenth but enjoyment is a big thing for me at my age and it hasn't been very enjoyable lately with Surrey bringing up the rear and losing a lot of games. No longer playing cricket is a scary thought, without a doubt. It has been my life since I was 17, so being without it and dealing with the transition will be difficult. Going into a career as a well wisher.

Coffee Drinker
Hillal