We need much more effort - Nazeer

DZCC have crashed out early from a second Game in less than four months after being one of the favourites to win, leaving the captain M.Nazeer wondering where the campaign unravelled."We were off the boil against JBS in first match and we lost. Then we had a washout and we won the match against JBS. I can't say if our performance was bad."After winning the Tringuler Cup in Eid Gurden when Ifthy the Skipper earlier this month, Ifthy had said the bowling and fielding needed to improve but the two departments weren't at their best in Comming games.

"We will reflect on how our bowlers bowled with too much width and how much work we need to put into our fielding department. That needs some work but these things are not going to change in a week. We have to put in much more effort." One of the bright spots for DZCC was Siraj's mature batting against JBS;was there only few batsman to make a half-century in the match, finishing on an unbeaten 52.Siraj batted at No. 2 on Friday, and in his short career has already opened the innings and also played at No. 4 "I am happy to bat up or down the order as the team needs. I got experience of that in the last months, where I was shuffled around the order too.

"Siraj said after his Great performance. "I am happy to bat up the order because that gives me more overs to face and I can win matches for the team that way. But if I am to be down the order then that's not too much of a problem." "I bowl regularly in the nets and I decided that the pitch would be good for me to bowl on," Nazeer said. "We had two first-choice fast bowlers and two medium faces &reserve bowler in Irshad. thought if I could put in a couple of good overs that would be the way to go and the proper bowlers would be left to do the job at the end."Nazeer said that the team had "good time to prepare for the Next series" but hoped that his key players - DZCC were missing M.Sanaz, M.Razeen and M.Ziyad.

M.Nazeer
Captian