Players won't look forward

Sanaz, who is recovering from injury and hoping to make DZCC's upcomming tour's, said Razeen's situation was different from his but admitted that franchise cricket was tempting to players. "Sanaz's in a different position to me because he's finished his career before then ifthy the who recall back, his body is sort of finishing itself off," he told the Official site. "He puts such a workload through his legs and his knees and his ankles. I'm just a batsman. I love scoring runs for DZC. I hate being out injured. I'm not going to make a sob story out of it, because I just want to try and recharge my batteries after a month of a rollercoaster ride. "But I think the reality of it is now, with last few games and everything around, central contracts are not necessarily going to be things people are going to look forward to."

Board of control said central contracts did not mean the same that they did when they were first introduced because of the lucrative alternate options available now. He felt the DZCC board needed to rotate players so that they got adequate rest. "You do want guys playing to the best of their ability and not just thinking: 'Oh, here we go again. Right, I'm going to bat three times this week, I'll try tomorrow, I'll try the next day.'"

Hillal said there was too much cricket being played, with the result that the quality of the game drops. "Srilankan cricketers coming into the UAE environment, they don't face fast bowling and they don't face quality bowlers. The reason they don't face Much tape ball cricket there,People won't bowl 90 miles an hour [in those circumstances]."I honestly think that cricket in this country needs to be regionalised and you need to play each match like a T-20 instead of up and down the country, playing every week. It's an horrendous grind, especially if you're nowhere near the lead. If it was four or five teams fighting it out for something, it's a lot closer."

M.Anas
Member DZCC