Confident Faris eyes finisher role in DZCC team

Mohammed Faris who contributed a crucial 31-ball 55 in Dubai Zahirians' victory against Shiba Riders, is pleased with his batting form and believes he is ready to take over the role of finisher in the DZCC's limited-overs games.

"I can proudly say that I can be a good finisher. I would take that role of a finisher any day, it's a high-pressure job; Mohammed Razeen and Mohammed Rikaz have been doing it for sometime now and I want to take over that job," Faris told the blogpost. "I have been able to finish a few games for Dubai Zahirians and I want to do the same for all times to the team as well."

Faris is second only to DZCC in the list of run-getters for club so far in 2010, with 426 runs at an average of 31.08, and a strike-rate of 120.93. His form in the middle order, in addition to his Bowling skills, has been crucial to Zahirianss cause in the last few tournaments. "I do feel that I have been batting very well recently. It's tough for me to compare how I was batting before and now, but I am obviously very happy with the way my batting is shaping up and with the way I'm hitting the ball.

"For me, it has never been about being flashy, or about telling people how many shots I have in my kitty. When I am playing those shots I am just reacting to what the team requirements are. Over the years you learn and it comes through sheer experience. I also spend a lot of time at the nets - in fact, I have been working a lot with my coach but I think some of the decisions to play the shots come with my mental strength," Faris said.

"I realised that there was a problem with my mindset - I used to get worked up very easily and I needed to improve my Bowling. I made a conscious attempt to rectify those mistakes and I can confidently say that I have improved drastically," Faris said.