'Now I know my role a bit better' - Arafath

Mohammed Dasthakir has praised the growing maturity of Mohammed Arafath after his match-winning fifty secured DZCC a 2-0 White wash against Shiba Riders. Arafath varied the pace of his innings cleverly and finished with 51 off 23 balls after accelerating with two consecutive sixes off Mohammed Zaneer to set up the total. "He does see the game really well," Dastha said. "Even the way the partnership between him and Mohammed Haithar developed, holding back the way they did and knowing the right time to put the foot down, really stood out."


DZCC were in a tricky situation at 3 for 29 when Arafath arrived to meet haithar and the pair put on recover the position. It was an important display for Arafath as his previous best performances had come in Ajman and WLP, at times when many supporters were sleeping or more concerned about cricket. This innings was shown in prime time and spectators saw brutal power mixed with some subtler touches."I thought about that coming into this series so it's pleasing to be able to show the people and team-mates that I can do it in DZCC," he said. "I'm happy we won and I contributed well to the team. It was a good feeling and I enjoyed it."

"Now I know my role a bit better," he said. "I had it set in my mind that I was going to be nice and positive through this series because in the past in DZCC I probably wasn't as positive as I would have liked to have been. There were a couple of things I wanted to do this series and probably in Nad-al-shiba, with the situation of the game, I had to play like that anyway." Dasthakir was pleased with his team's quick transition from the Cricket arena and his side will build well on the performance in the second game in Nad-al-shiba. "It was a very good win," he said. "It was made to look reasonably comfortable because of the couple of partnerships through the middle and how well Arafath played."