Ziyad keen to do more with the ball

DZCC fast bowler Ziyad has expressed his keenness to make a bigger contribution with the ball in the First Match against Sharja CC in Jumaira. Ziyad bowled just two overs in Matale Cricket Series due to his knee injury, leaving Mohammed Hillal, Razeen Mohamed, Mohamed Rikaz and Shafi with an additional responsibility to fill in for the fifth bowler.

Dasthakir had admitted the extent of the workload the four bowlers had to bear, in having to bowl out JBS SC twice, was huge. DZCC can expect the physical demands of winning the next Series to be greater, especially as their bowlers are recovering from injuries. Fawzan is missing the big toe-nail on his left foot, Rikaz is nursing an injured shoulder and Nazeer is awaiting scans on his dislocated finger."It definitely hurts me not being able to do that (bowl) because you saw how hard the bowlers toiled," Ziyad told DZCC Press Relese. "It's tendonitis. I've just been battling with that a bit. I had it in Jumaira but hopefully I can take a load off the bowlers. It's about (bowling) loads and how the inflammation is at the time. It has good days and bad days."

Ziyad has managed just two wickets at an average of 38 in last four 20 overs games but has bowled more often, and has had more success, in the 10 overs short format, taking 17 wickets at 23 While establishing himself as a solid middle-order batsman in limited-overs cricket, Ziyad is still fighting for a long-term slot in 20 overs game. "It's runs and wickets at the end of the day," he said. "For me, every 20 overs innings I play I'm looking to establish my position and stamp my authority on the game. Hopefully it will be in this Comming tour."